Martin Forde QC launched his inquiry into the leaked report on the Labour Party’s Governance and Legal Unit in May 2020. The leaked report appeared to show horrific attempts by the party’s paid officials to undermine the leadership of Jeremy Corbyn – but also many mistakes made by the Corbyn leadership, which made concession after concession to the right, trying to ‘fight antisemitism’.
The Forde Inquiry was first supposed to have reported by mid-July but after successive delays it was announced that publication would be postponed until the completion of an investigation by the Information Commissioner’s Office. Many commentators believe Forde’s report is never going to appear because Keir Starmer simply wants to bury the truth.
- Graham Bash, Labour Representation Committee (pc)
- Jackie Walker, author and anti-racism activist
- Leah Levane, Jewish Voice for Labour (pc)
- Chris Williamson, former Labour MP
- Tina Werkmann, Labour Against the Witchhunt
- Rebecca Massey, LLA Brighton