We demand the immediate reinstatement of Marc Wadsworth and all those suspended and expelled on trumped up and false charges and allegations! Read LAW’s statement on the issue here.
- Here are some concrete ideas of what you can do about it.
- Alexei Sayle explains: “I stand with Marc Wadsworth!” He is speaking on May 15 at the London launch of our national speaking tour.
- Campaign 4 Natural Justice has launched this petition demanding ‘Justice for Marc Wadsworth’ – please sign it.
- Motions and statements in support of Marc have been published by Labour Against the Witchhunt; Jewish Voice for Labour, Grassroots Black Left, Africans for JC Values, Socialist Worker and many more. Here is a model motion you could use – please let us know if it has passed anywhere.
- Grantham LP branch has passed this motion; Queens Park Labour Party has passed this motion
- The Skwakbox had a good report about Marc’s effort to clear his name. Here’s an interesting interview with Marc with Public Enquiry.
- Keith Vaz’ statement backing Marc Wadsworth – available online here
- Simon Woolley of Operation Black Vote criticising Marc’s expulsion – available online here
#Justice4Marc national speaking tour
LAW, Jewish Voice for Labour, the Labour Representation Committee and Grassroots Black Left are sponsoring a national speaking tour with Marc Wadsworth. The dates:
Tuesday May 15, 6.30pm: London
with Marc Wadsworth, Alexei Sayle, Jackie Walker, Mike Cushman (Jewish Voice for Labour), Moshé Machover, Angela Nubia (Genesis Radio) and Glenroy Watson (ex-president RMT). Chair: Deborah Hobson (Grassroots Black Left)
Indian YMCA, Games Room, 41 Fitzroy Square, London W1T 6AQ – Facebook event here.
Wednesday May 16, 6pm: Liverpool
with Marc Wadsworth and Jo Bird (Jewish Voice for Labour). Chair: Anyanna Ndukwe (Grassroots Black Left)
Crawford House Community Enterprise Centre, Upper Warwick Street, L8 8DN – Facebook event here.
Thursday May 17, 7pm: Chester
with Marc Wadsworth, Jo Bird (Jewish Voice for Labour) and Seth Horsu (Chester CLP BAME Officer)
St Werburghs Parish Centre, Chester – Facebook event here.
Friday May 18, 7pm: Birmingham
with Marc Wadsworth, Charlie Williams (Windrush campaigner) and Tony Greenstein (Vice-chair Labour Against the Witchhunt).
Committee rooms 3 & 4, Birmingham Council House, 1 Victoria Square. Birmingham B1 1BB – Facebook event here.
Monday May 21, 6.30pm: Bristol
with Marc Wadsworth, Moshé Machover (Israeli socialist), Jay Blackwood (Jewish Voice for Labour) and Asa Winstanley (investigative journalist). Chair: Tim Lezard (campaigning journalist). City Academy, Russell Town Ave, Bristol BS5 9JH – Facebook event here.
Tuesday May 22, 7pm: Swansea
with Marc Wadsworth, Jay Blackwood (Jewish Voice for Labour) and others. Volcano Theatre, 27-29 High St, Swansea SA1 1LG – Facebook event here.
Wednesday May 23, 7pm: Sheffield
DINA, 34 Cambridge Street, Sheffield S1 4HP (upstairs)
With Marc Wadsworth, Jackie Walker (Labour Against the Witchhunt), Martin Mayer (secretary Sheffield Trades Council and former member of Labour Party NEC), Scott Robert (a supporter of Socialist Appeal) and Lee Rock (Sheffield Left List) – Facebook event here.
Friday June 15, 7.30pm: Whitstable
with Jackie Walker and Marc Wadsworth – includes launch of LAW Whitstable and Canterbury. Venue to be announced later: tickets to be booked now at cwlaw.wordpress.com
Meetings are also being planned in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester. Please get in touch if you can help out organising these events or if you can put one up in your locality.